The Pont de la Caille (aka Pont Charles-Albert) is a suspension bridge linking the villages of Allonzier-la-Caille and Cruseilles in Haute-Savoie, on the path between Annecy and Geneva. It was built in 1839 to cross the gorge formed by the Usses river, 147m below. A second bridge, the Pont Neuf (aka Pont Caquot) was added in 1928 to support train and car traffic.
Above, a rest area was recently built near the the bridge, complete with benches, picnic tables and suspended viewpoints.
Above, Pont Charles-Albert.
Above, viewpoint above the gorge.
Above, south gate, with Mont Pelé behind it.
Above, Usses river below.
Above, the 2 bridges.
Above, crossing the bridge.
Above, gorge des Usses. There are a few trails down.
Above, Pont Neuf, with the Bornes mountains in the background.
Above, another viewpoint near the south gate.